A ballot is now open for the election of academic staff to the three vacancies on Council, the governing body of QMUL:
- One academic staff member - Faculty and Humanities and Social Sciences
- One academic staff member - Faculty of Science and Engineering
- One academic staff member - School of Medicine and Dentistry
All current academic staff who are appointed to full time or part time posts on either a permanent academic contract or a fixed term academic contract are eligible to vote for the academic staff member vacancy within their own faculty.
Candidate list and ballot forms
Candidates for each position are detailed in the following documents:
- Faculty and Humanities and Social Sciences [DOC 166KB]
- Faculty of Science and Engineering [DOC 166KB]
- School of Medicine and Dentistry [DOC 166KB]
Please vote using the ballot form, which should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting completed ballot forms is 5pm on Monday 25 September 2017.
- Information for Council Election Candidates and Electors [DOC 192KB]
- Rules for conduct of elections of Staff to Council [DOC 200KB]
Any queries should be directed to Sian Marshall.
Council is the governing body of QMUL. Members listen to, discuss, and constructively challenge the senior executive in relation to the QMUL Strategy, the use of public funds, the management of our finances, and compliance with our statutory obligations.
The Council membership includes both QMUL staff and individuals external to QMUL, including five elected members of academic and Professional Services staff. Members have a responsibility to act in the best interests of QMUL and not as representatives of a particular staff group, school, institute, or department.
Council meets five times per year from 4-7pm and members are expected to attend training, a residential event and a dinner each year. Meeting dates can be found here. Elected staff members serve for four years and may be re-elected for a further four years.
The role is not remunerated but members can claim expenses, including for family caring responsibilities, depending on members’ individual circumstances.
The positions are available from 30 September 2017 and training and induction will be provided to the successful candidate.