From 9am on 05 May 2021 to 5pm on 02 June 2021 we invited self-nominations for vacant positions on Senate, the governing body for academic matters at QMUL.
- Three in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Four in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Two in the Faculty of Science and Engineering
These vacancies were open to all academic staff, irrespective of seniority or experience level, appointed to full time or part time posts on either a permanent academic contract or a fixed-term academic contract extending at least two years from the date at which the call for nominations was made.
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Three self- nominations were received for the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the following members of staff were elected without ballot:
- Professor Neve Gordon, Professor of Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law
- Professor Wayne Joseph Morrison, Professor of Law
- Dr James Strong, Senior Lecturer in British Politics and Foreign Policy
School of Medicine and Dentistry
Three self- nominations were received for the School of Medicine and Dentistry and the following members of staff were elected without ballot:
- Dr Abimbola Giwa, Clinical Senior Lecturer in Paediatric Dentistry
- Professor Richard Grose, Professor of Cancer Cell Biology
- Dr Simon Rawlinson, Senior Lecturer, Institute of Dentistry
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Three self-nominations were received for the Faculty of Science and Engineering and an election was held from Thursday 10 June to Thursday 08 July 2021. Following the count on 09 August 2021 the following members of staff were elected:
- Dr Giorgio Chianello, Lecturer in Chemistry, School of Physical and Chemical Sciences
- Dr Giulia De Falco, Reader in Pathology and Molecular Clinical Microbiology, School of Biological and Behavioural Sciences
Information for candidates
Any queries about the elections rules and process not addressed in the Information for Election Candidates or in the Electoral rules should be directed to Sarah Scott.
For the rules and process of election with or without ballot please see the link below.