Guidance and Contacts
The Academic Secretariat (ARCS) supports schools/institutes in the development of collaborative programmes with UK and overseas institutions and supports the work of Partnerships Board. Schools and institutes are encouraged to discuss collaborative proposals with ARCS in the developmental phase. ARCS can give guidance on the approval process, the documentation required and on quality assurance matters.
Contacts: For advice on collaborative proposals, including preparing and submitting proposals to PB, please contact:
Please send all enquiries to the following email address: collaborative enquiries
Mary Childs, Assistant Academic Registrar (Research Degrees): for collaborative research degree arrangements and professional doctorates.
For further information on academic approval please contact the Academic Standards and Quality Officer specifically assigned to work with your Faculty.
Global Engagement Office
Clare Burke, Head of International Partnerships, for all new international partnerships.
Ceri Bevan, Head of Global Opportunities, for Study Abroad Agreements and International and Erasmus+ Exchanges.
All new collaborative proposals need the strategic approval of the Partnerships Board (PB).
QMUL policy on collaborative activity covers the following types of arrangements:
- General Memoranda of Understanding
- Articulation Agreements
- Non-guaranteed Progression Agreements
- Double and Joint taught awards
- Joint Research awards (PhD)
- Erasmus+ Exchange Agreement and any other Erasmus+ activities
- International exchange agreements
- Study Abroad (fee-payers) Agreements
- Study Abroad (third party) Agreements (associate students who enrol at QMUL through partner organisations)
To ensure the effective development, management and review of collaborative activities, staff should consult the following guidelines and complete the necessary documentation.
- Approval at a Glance (includes links to all relevant forms and guidance)
- Approval Flowcharts: Flow chart non taught [PDF 201KB] &Flowchart for taught [PDF 289KB]
- Joint and Double Awards Guidance [PDF 56KB]: the policy for joint and double awards has been recently revised.
Other documents and useful links:
- Register of Collaborative Provision [PDF 282KB]
- Partnerships Ethical Policy [PDF 212KB]
- QAA UK Quality Code Advice and Guidance: Revised QAA UK Quality Code advice and guidance - partnerships [PDF 1,003KB]
- For new collaborative taught programmes: please consult the Programme Development pages
Using the Forms
To use the on-line forms you will need Adobe Reader 9 (or Acrobat 9). The latest version of Adobe Reader can be downloaded from this link and is free to download.
Once the relevant form has been downloaded it should then be saved and completed. Failure to save the document will mean that data will be lost if you press the back button in your internet browser