Academic Registry and Council Secretariat

Research Degrees menu

Research Degrees Office


During the Easter Bank Holiday (19th-22nd April 2019) period the Resarch Degrees Office will be closed. If you are planning to submit your thesis during this time the thesis may be submitted by email to or you may use the QMUL File Exchange Service. If the QMUL File Exchange Service is used an email must be sent to including the "collect" weblink on or before the thesis submission deadline (please ensure that you choose an appropriate time period for the link to be accessible). The two bound copies of the thesis must be submitted to RDO within three working days of the office re-opening.

Over this period only, the date of the thesis submission recorded on MySIS is the date on which the electronic copy of the thesis is submitted to RDO. 



The Research Degrees Office is in
Room 2.13, Second Floor, Graduate Centre, Mile End Campus. 


The Research Degrees Office (RDO) provides an administrative service to research degree students in the Doctoral College and staff involved in their supervision.       

Information for research degree students

Information for Queen Mary staff involved in the supervision of research degree students

Information for examiners of research degrees

Forms and guidance

Visit the Research Degrees Office or contact a member of staff

Return to top