Academic Registry and Council Secretariat

Students menu

Short-term student visa

Permission as a Short-term Student is suitable for students who will not need to be in the UK for more than six months in any twelve month period.

It is not possible to apply for immigration permission for Short-term Study from within the UK. To apply for this type of immigration permission, you will have to leave the UK and make an application at a British visa centre or section. Non-visa nationals may be able to apply for immigration permission for Short-term Study when re-entering the UK.

We issue the Short-term Study visa letters to all international re-sitting students in the beginning of the second semester so you do not need to request the letter. If you registered for your re-sits, you will receive the letter from mid February. Please make sure that your postal address is correct and up to date. If you have any queries you can email us:, see our documents and letters page for further information.

Home Office website - Short-term Study, how to apply 

Return to top