Queen Mary's normal hours of operation are 9am-6pm. These are the times in which students should expect teaching, learning and assessment activities to be timetabled. Activities for some programmes may take place outside of these times; students should contact their academic schools or institutes for further information.
- From 2019-20 onwards the structure of the academic year for programmes following standard term dates will change due to the introduction of semester-based examinations. Please see term dates below for more information.
- Masters students are expected to work on their dissertation/project throughout the summer – for these students this period between the end of Semester 3 and their course end date is not a vacation.
- PhD students do not follow this pattern of attendance – vacations should be agreed in writing with their supervisor(s).
- International Foundation Programme students (January start) do not follow this pattern of attendance – visit the School of Languages, Linguistics and Film for more information.
- Pre-Masters Graduate Diploma students (January start) do not follow this pattern of attendance – visit the School of Languages, Linguistics and Film for more information.
- The MBBS and BDS do not follow this pattern of attendance - visit http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/london/calendar for more information.