Academic Registry and Council Secretariat

Students menu

Student complaints

A student who wishes to make a complaint about any academic or non-academic matter at Queen Mary may do so under the Queen Mary Complaints Policy by completing the relevant form.

Student Complaints Policy [PDF 496KB]

Stage 1 form - doc [DOC 37KB]

Stage 1 form - pdf [PDF 220KB]

Stage 2 form - doc [DOC 62KB]

Stage 2 form - pdf [PDF 225KB]

Please note that if you have a concern regarding assessment, progression of award this should be submitted as an appeal and you can find information about how to appeal on the Appeals webpage

Students are strongly advised to seek informal resolution of their concerns where possible.

If you wish to discuss your complaint you may contact the Appeals, Complaints and Conduct Office on or 020 7882 3457.

Finance Complaints

Complaints about matters relating to your academic programme, including fee charges, are likely to need to be considered by your academic School/Institute. For example if you have withdrawn/interrupted your studies and are complaining in regards to your fee rate, this needs to be submitted as a Stage 1 complaint to the Head of your School for consideration.

If your complaint relates to the Finance Office then it should be submitted direct to the Deputy Director of Financial Controls. 


For independent and confidential advice about your complaint, you can get advice from Annie Mitchell who is the Advocacy and Representation Manager in Queen Mary’s Students’ Union: (please note Annie is a staff member of QMSU, not a student officer).


Please find below a list of frequently asked questions about complaints prepared by the Students’ Union and Advice and Counseling which is designed to help you understand the process for complaints, how concerns can be resolved without submitting a formal complaint and what support is available.

Frequently Asked Questions [PDF 31KB]

Information for Staff

Return to top