Please note that this webpage is only applicable to current and previous students who are eligible for the Student Status Letter and/or HEAR (check your eligibiity by clicking on the relevant link). If you are not eligible, please see this webpage instead.
QMUL registers all eligible students for an account with Gradintelligence, the service provider of the Student Status Letter and HEAR, upon full enrolment. You will need to activate your account in order to access your Student Status Letter and/or HEAR (after your first year). A step-by-step guide of the account activation process can be found here: Accessing your Student Status Letter [PDF 354KB]
To activate your account, you will need to follow the link that is found in the email that Gradintelligence have sent/will send to you upon your full enrolment (please note the link expires after 30 days). The subject line is 'Gradintelligence account activation request for <Your Name> at Queen Mary University of London' and the email is sent from email@example.com.
If you did not activate your account when you first received the activation request and now your link has expired, keep reading for guidance of what to do if you are having problems logging in.
Please do not try and self-register an account. You must activate the account that QM has registered on your behalf in order to access the documents that we provide to you. If you do create your own account, please be advised that we cannot add your HEAR to it - we can only upload documents to the account that we have created for you.
Having problems logging in?
If you have activated your account but have forgotten your username or password:
If you have forgotten your login details, you can receive a reminder of your username and reset your password by visiting Gradintel.com, clicking 'Login' then ‘Lost Account Details’ and then following the steps.
If you are finding it difficult to reset your details, please contact Gradintel customer services who will be able to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to include your full name, student ID number and inform them that you are a student at QMUL.
If you did not activate your Gradintel account within 30 days of receiving the activation email and now your link has expired:
The activation links to Gradintel expire after 30 days. If your link has expired, you should follow the account recovery process to gain access to your account:
- Go to: https://gradintel.com/index.php/account-support/recover/students
- Select your 'Queen Mary University of London' from the dropdown, enter your Student ID number and Date of Birth, use Captcha to authenticate and click “SUBMIT”
- Choose a verification method; either account-linked e-mail address or mobile number verification
- Once verified, you will be prompted to activate using your account activation page
- There, you will be asked to reconfirm your Date of Birth, define your new account username and password and specify your security question and security answer so that you can then use these to reset your password, should you ever forget it.
Note: If you no longer have access to the account-linked email address or mobile number indicated by the hint, please contact us requesting an update to your email address for a new activation link to be provided. Alumni students, please be sure to include your student number in any correspondence with us:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate taught students should contact the Student Enquiry Centre: Visit us in CB01, Queens’ Building, Mile End Campus, open an enquiry on SEC Online, email email@example.com or call +44 207 882 5005.
- Postgraduate Research students should contact the Research Degrees Office: Room 213, Graduate Centre, Mile End Campus. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 207 882 7474.