Please note that this webpage is only applicable to current and previous students who are eligible for the Student Status Letter and/or HEAR (check your eligibility by clicking on the relevant link). If you are not eligible, please see our webpage for graduate documentation instead.
Activating your Gradintelligence account
You will need to activate your Gradintelligence account in order to access your Student Status Letter and/or HEAR. QMUL registers all eligible students for an account with Gradintelligence, the service provider of the Student Status Letter and HEAR, upon full enrolment. Your Student Status Letter is available upon account activation and your HEAR is available after your first year.
A NOTE ABOUT FULL ENROLMENT: New students eligible for a Student Status Letter will receive the Gradintelligence activation email within 24 hours of becoming fully enrolled. Please note that completion of the online enrolment task does not mean you are fully enrolled. QMUL are required to check the details and documents you submit during the online enrolment task before you are fully enrolled. Once your enrolment is finalised you will get an email with the subject line 'Enrolment at QMUL' and the first line of the email is 'You are now fully enrolled'.
A step-by-step guide of the account activation process can be found below:
- Become a fully enrolled student by completing Online Enrolment. You will receive an email from the Academic Registry to confirm when you are fully enrolled within a few days.
- Check your QM email account (not your personal email) for an account activation request from Gradintelligence (email@example.com). The subject line is 'Gradintelligence account activation request for <your name> at Queen Mary University of London'. Please click on the activation link (note the link will expire after 30 days). Please note it may take up to 24 hours to receive this email.
- Confirm your details, create your username and password click 'Activate Account'.
- Read more information about the Student Status Letter and click 'Continue'.
- You are now in your Gradintelligence dashboard and can find your Student Status Letter under 'University services'.
Having problems logging in?
1. If you can't access your QMUL email account:
You should have received your QMUL email account details from IT Services. If you have not received this information or need help logging in to your email account, please speak to a member of IT services via the 'IT Live Chat' facility (accessed via the orange button).
Please do not contact IT Services if you cannot access your Gradintelligence account - only contact them if you cannot access your email account. If you cannot access Gradintelligence, please check if one of the issues below are applicable to you or use the contact details at the bottom of this page to speak to staff from the Student Enquiry Centre.
2. If your date of birth is not being accepted:
We register you for your Gradintelligence account using the date of birth you have provided to us during the admissions process. If your date of birth on your student record is incorrect you will have trouble activating your Gradintelligence account and therefore should contact us to request a correction to your student record. You can check the birthdate we have for you on MySIS. Contact details for us are at the bottom of this page.
3. If you can't find your email from Gradintelligence in your QMUL inbox:
Your activation email will be sent to your QMUL email account (not your personal email) within 24 hours of your full enrolment (note you will not receive this email if you are temporarily enrolled). The email comes from 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. If you cannot find the email in your inbox (or in junk) then please contact us (details at the bottom of this page) and we will resend the activation request to you or follow the instructions in step 5 below if you received confirmation of your full enrolment more than 24 hours ago.
4. If you have activated your account but have forgotten your username or password:
If you have forgotten your login details, you can receive a reminder of your username and reset your password by visiting Gradintel.com, clicking 'Login' then 'Lost Account Details' and then following the steps.
If you are finding it difficult to reset your details, please contact Gradintel customer services who will be able to help you: email@example.com. Please remember to include your full name, student ID number and inform them that you are a student at QMUL.
5. If you did not activate your Gradintel account and now your activation link has expired:
The activation links to Gradintel expire after 30 days. If your link has expired, you should follow the account recovery process to gain access to your account:
- Go to https://gradintel.com/index.php/account-support/recover/students
- Select your 'Queen Mary University of London' from the dropdown, enter your Student ID number and Date of Birth, use Captcha to authenticate and click 'SUBMIT'
- Choose a verification method; either account-linked e-mail address or mobile number verification (note we use your QM email address when registering you)
- Once verified, you will be prompted to activate using your account activation page
- There, you will be asked to reconfirm your Date of Birth, define your new account username and password and specify your security question and security answer so that you can then use these to reset your password, should you ever forget it.
Note: If you no longer have access to the account-linked email address or mobile number indicated by the hint, please contact us requesting an update to your email address for a new activation link to be provided. Alumni students, please be sure to include your student number in any correspondence with us. To speed up the process, please contact us from the personal email address that you gave us whilst you were studying so that we can verify your identity.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate taught students should contact the Student Enquiry Centre: Visit us in CB01, Queens' Building, Mile End Campus, open an enquiry on SEC Online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 207 882 5005.
- Postgraduate Research students should contact the Research Degrees Office: Room 213, Graduate Centre, Mile End Campus. Email: email@example.com or call +44 207 882 7474.